Friday, July 31, 2009

Lizzy is...

1. Shocked that after 15 minutes of barking, Fi slept through the storms last night in her old crate from puppyhood. It worked! Miracle.

2. Excited for her 10 year high school reunion this Saturday night. I always have fun in Toledo, and it will be even better to spend a night with old friends. Extra bonus-I get to meet my parents' new puppy, Dingo! I am crossing my fingers (and toes) that Fi doesn't want to eat Dingo and they will be fast friends.

3. Hoping today goes fast. This has been an extremely stressful and slooooow week. I cannot wait until the whistle blows at 5PM to be done for the day. Ok, there is no whistle. But, you know.

4. Debating between wearing a dress Saturday night or a skirt/tank top duo. I really cannot decide and I WILL NOT buy something new! Cash budget-how fun.

5. Amazed that her birthday is one week from today! What the heck? I am old.

6. So happy that she found her favorite birthday card at Hallmark that had apparently been MIA for several months. (yes, that's right, the card with the terrier's head out the window of the car and the caption "another year flew by".) I will be buying it in bulk. Expect one on your birthday.

7. Contemplating making herself a birthday cake next week. I aboslutely adore the Barefoot Contessa's chocolate cake (I made it earlier this year) and do not think I can handle a substitute!

8. Definitely buying a new set of headphones for her iPod this weekend. Training for the Columbus half marathon with no tunes is not working out so well!

Fun, right? What are you up to this lovely Friday?

3 comments:

jmjana said...

liz. you are not making yourself a cake. i was planning on making that one for you!!!

Emily LeDuc said...

is the marathon oct 18th? im considering it...

Liz said...

Jana-you do not have to make that cake! It wasn't a request, I promise. :)

Em-the race is the 18th and I definitely think you should do it!