Monday, July 27, 2009

Easy Chicken Meatballs

Last week I had some lean ground chicken and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. I wasn't in the mood for burgers, so I decided to make meatballs and toss together with some jar sauce and whole wheat spaghetti. You could also use them in a meatball sub. It was delicious and super easy. I thought I'd share the meatball recipe because it was so incredibly easy and also very healthful!

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground chicken
1/2 Cup italian style bread crumbs
1/4 Cup Grated parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil

Directions
Mix all ingredients except olive oil in bowl and stir together or use your hand to mix. Form into 1 inch meatballs. I used my pampered chef ice cream scoop and it made the perfect size, uniform balls. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat about 30 seconds. Add meatballs and brown on all sides. Once browned, place in saucepan with sauce you are using (homemade or from a jar), simmer over low heat for approximately 30 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Rachael Ray said...

YUM-O!