Monday, July 13, 2009

Allow me to introduce you...

to my new friend Alice. Everybody needs an Alice. She is my new resource for purchasing all "houseware" needs. Toilet paper, dishwasher detergent, soap, cleaning products, etc. Alice finds the products you need for your home, searches for coupons, and then ships them all to your door for free. Then she sends you reminders (you can set the length of time) to say "um, Liz, I believe you are running low on Shampoo-time for a new shipment").

Why is this amazing? Well, if you're anything like me, when you're out of toilet paper-you don't realize it until you're really out and looking for Kleenex or napkins around the house. TMI? Ok. Better yet, whenever I go to Target for houseware staples, I somehow also end up with a new pair of shoes and some running clothes. And maybe a book. Crap, they sell wine there, too. You get my point. An $8 roll of toilet paper somehow leads me to a $50 check out with items I did not need!

Enter Alice.

I go online, pick out what I need, she ships it to me for free and it arrives within 1-2 business days. No hassle. No automated deliveries (though you can set that up if you are so inclined).

There are a few negatives. First, these are only name brand products. If you use Meijer brand dishwasher detergent, you are S.O.L. Second, the coupons come off the regular retail price. So, you don't take advantage of a store sale + coupon. But, for me (I hate to actually cut coupons), this works fine. Third, there is a 6 item minimum.

I have received one shipment and placed my second order today and I love it!

Try it out.*

*If you really are interested in trying it, I think if I send you an e-mail "refer a friend" deal, you can get $10 off an order of $50. Feel free to e-mail me if interested-elizabeth dot brashear at gmail dot com.

No comments: