On a whim I purchased Twilight to see what all the hype was about. I used to love reading Anne Rice's vampire novels, so I thought I might enjoy this series as well. And I was right. The book totally captured me and I found myself staying up late to finish it. (Nevermind my embarrassment when I realized this book is categorized as "young adult." Sick.)
The thing is, I've had so many conversations with people about this book. Just this morning, I realized two more women at work were reading the books. How fun! The only problem is, now I feel like I am in some "competition" to finish the series first. Ridiculous, right? I have issues.
I feel like I am part of the cool crowd. Harry Potter-ites = geek crowd. Twilight-ites = cool crowd.
Sweet.
Oh-and the movie comes out November 21--who's going to watch it?? I definitely am-along with all the other teenage girls in the Tri-State area.
5 comments:
Chronicles of Narnia = Jesus Freak Crowd??????
What about the Lord of The Rings series?
I loved reading LOTR. I never saw the movies. So I guess, people who read LOTR = sweet. People who just watch the movies = lame. :)
i am offended by your harry potter prejudice. if you haven't even read the series don't be hatin'.
I read the first Harry Potter and half of the second. Contrary to every other person in the world, I just couldn't get into it!
I think I am the odd one out on that series-everyone else loves it!
The first 3 books in the series are aimed toward children while 4-7 are deeper, aimed at the young adult audience, similar to Twilight. I don't think you are odd, you just didn't connect with Harry. Has Steven taught you to play Nerts yet? If not, you better start bugging him or you guys will get your arses handed to you :o)
Post a Comment