Monday, November 17, 2008

History

Yesterday the Pittsburgh Steelers made history with the first ever 11-10 victory in the NFL. Exciting! What is it about sports that is so thrilling? There were several plays I had to close my eyes because I was too nervous to watch-and we aren't even in the playoffs yet!

Do you ever wonder who sits up in that booth during professional sports' games and tabulates all those statistics? I mean who was up there looking up whether a score had ever been 11-10? It's nuts. They always flash that stuff up and I always wonder-who is searching and what are they searching to find out that Ben has had more sacks than any NFL quarterback this season? Or that the Steelers had over 100 yards in penalties last night? That job sounds awesome-sign me up. That guy (or girl) has to be the star of any cocktail party.

Good times. I actually went to bed before 10PM last night! Yikes. I'm trying to finish Eclipse before going to see Twilight on Saturday night. Anyone else excited? While it surely won't be as good as watching the Steelers trounce the Bengals on Thursday night, I'm definitely looking forward to it. ;)

Busy day ahead...hope you have a great monday!

3 comments:

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

Yesterday the Cincinnati Bengals made history with causing a 34 year old man in Delhi to fetch a pencil from his drawer, sharpen it to a fine point, and jam it in both of his eyes.

Ok, so that didn't really happen, but the thought crossed my mind.

While I hate the Steelers, I do envy you as I sit wondering what it must be like to follow a football team that you expect to win, ... or at least be competitive, ... or at least make an effort to be competitive.

The Cincinnati Bengals are the worst sports franchise in the history of sports. All sports. All history.

Liz said...

Jump on the bandwagon-it'll feel good!

katy said...

you are made for this type of "know-it-all" knowledge! :)