Monday, January 08, 2007

SHOW UP

I had the chance to catch up with one of my greatest friends this weekend. We have both been through our share of junk, as has everyone I suppose. I think it sucks sometimes how all that junk brings with it a lot of emotional consequences that you never thought you bargained for. We become fearful, insecure, and frustrated with ourselves. I really think there is great power in acknowledging the mistakes, the bad decisions, the whatever else--and then moving on. It takes courage, for sure, and time, certainly...and a constant reminder of GRACE.


"Life is a growing expedition through the tangled and unfilled in parts. What happens after age nine? Because of the fear we don't trust our own life? Our story? Our colors? To be afraid and leap regardless there is such a pwer in that. To live into the questions of our lives--when nothing feels clear. We have this chance to do absolutely anything, to reach out to another, vulnerable and true. To dance on the roof in euphoria. To pray into the ocean and let go. We have this chance every moment to be alive and give to this world, which needs each one of us. We must show up for our own life. Be brave. Be messy. Be loud. Be strong. Trust yourself."
--Sabrina Ward Harrison ( I kind of love her stuff)

3 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

I'm glad we had the chance to catch up too, Liz.

Your bff,

Fuller

jmjana said...

so here's my proposition for some saturday in the future...
1) go for a long run
2) sit and be and go through the questions in our journal and figure stuff out and let some stuff be unfigured out and be ok with that

katy? annie? you in too?

Anonymous said...

I'm in as long as we don't have to sit out in the woods to go over our journals... I'm just not that naturey... unless it is s75 degrees, sunny, and I am in the Bahamas...