
I'm really not sure what happened to me. I woke up Sunday to 3 inches of snow on the ground, no streets plowed, and no chance of driving my car out of my neighborhood. (well that is until I got a little phone call from someone stranded at a McDonald's;) )
In light of the snow, I decided that running outside was out of the question and driving to my gym was definitely not going to happen considering how well I drive in snow. (In case you can't tell, I kind of freak out if I can't work out) So I decided to do something I haven't done since college, and even then only one time. Tae Bo. Now if you know me at all, you should know I don't do aerobics classes, and to be honest it's a stretch for me to go to a spinning class. Anyway, I opted for the advanced DVD, because, well, apparently I thought I was an advanced kick boxer. I thought wrong.
I woke up on Monday barely able to move. My back is incredibly stiff. My right shoulder is killing me (I'm pretty sure Billy Blanks didn't figure out equal repetitions on each side or else I got my right and left mixed up). It was nearly impossible for me to make my bed. I'm not sure what I did on Sunday, but I am nearly positive I wasn't doing it right.
So I went on a run Monday morning thinking I would losen my body up. Wrong again. By 10:30 at work I thought I was going to have to go down and schedule a chair massage over in another building. I spent the rest of the day sitting back on my fist placed in various places on my back. It was not pleasant. You never realize how much you use your back until it is sore!
I learned a few valuable lessons Sunday:
1. I will no longer make fun of kick boxing classes. They are hard. Clearly I am not coordinated enough to do it correctly.
2. The Tae Bo DVDs I have make nice frisbees for my dog.
3. Flinging your arms and legs about super fast isn't a good workout. It's a good recipe for back strain.
4. I can't kick very high.
5. If you've only ever done kickboxing once, you are not advanced. Not at all.
6. Just because Billy can leap and kick his legs parallel to the ground does not mean you can. Don't try.
7. I will stick with running. One foot in front of the other, I can handle that.
8. It is time to start harrassing Katy to buy a hot tub. My muscles need it.
So, if anybody wants some Tae Bo advanced DVDs, let me know...they are yours:) In the meantime, a hot bath will hopefully do the trick!
3 comments:
Tae Bo is hardcore...and by hardcore I mean "amulya learned the hard way that tae bo kicks her a**".
So yeah, I feel for ya Esquire.
And I'm getting a mental picture of your dog catching a DVD "frisbee"...OUCH!...poor doggy!
tae bo! yes! that's been my occasional 'i don't feel like going even as far as the fitness room at my apartment complex' workout. i hear you on the straining thing. it's weird; i don't feel like i'm doing much while i'm doing it, so i punch harder and stuff. then i get really sore after. i was sore in such weird places last time i used that video. oh well...
Liz, you are in love with Billy and you know it. STOP THE DENIAL.
Post a Comment