I love my crock pot. I use it all the time. Yesterday, I decided to make some soup to have for lunches this week and came up with this recipe. Super easy. Nutritious and very filling!
Vegetable Tortellini Soup
Ingredients
1 Green Pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 Cup (2 stalks) celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 Cup frozen green beans
1 can diced tomatoes w/ basil and oregano
1 can canellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 palmful dried basil
2 cans fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth (14 oz cans, each)
9 oz. package refrigerated cheese tortellini
Directions
Heat olive oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add green pepper, onion, celery and garlic and saute until onions are translucent-about 5 minutes. Add mixture to crock pot. Add remaining ingredients, except the tortellini. Cook on LOW for 7 hours. When cooking is complete, add in tortellini and heat on low for 20-25 minutes, until tortellini is tender.
Top with some Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds yummy! Do you have any favourite crock pot recipe websites? I *still* haven't cracked open the one we got as a Christmas gift two years ago...
Looks delicious and easy!
Post a Comment