It's Cinco de Mayo! And I have no idea if I spelled that right. I took 5 years of French and 2 years of Latin, so my Spanish knowledge is nada. Hey, how about that-two Spanish words already in my post, perfect!
Ok, here is a delicious way to celebrate this holiday-my take on Mexican 7 Layer Dip.
Ingredients
1/2 Cup Sour Cream (I use reduced fat, NOT fat free)
1/2 Cup Cream Cheese, softened (I use 1/3 less fat, NOT fat free)
1 Cup Refried Beans
1 Cup Salsa (I use chunky so the dip is not too runny)
1 Cup Shredded Lettuce (You can buy this is in a bag by the bagged lettuce)
1 Cup Shredded Cheese (I use the Mexican blend, duh-it's a Mexican dip.)
2-3 sliced Scallions
1/4 Cup black olives, sliced optional (Sick. I only put these on half if my sister or Dad will be eating, otherwise those nasties are left off the dip)
1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
Mix sour cream and cream cheese in small bowl. Stir in taco seasoning and mix well. Spread into bottom of 9 inch pie plate. Next, spread refried beans on top of sour cream mixture. Then spread salsa on top of refried beans. Sprinkle lettuce over salsa and then the cheese over the lettuce. Sprinkle scallions over the top, and if desired finish topping with the black olives (gross!). In case you are counting, the olives and scallions constitute one layer, not two. Let chill in refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
Grab a bag of Tostidos GOLD tortilla chips (these do not break!) and dig in. Just make sure you share because it'd be easy to eat this whole dip yourself. This is not a good idea considering bikini season is right around the corner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Seriously? I took 3 years of Latin and 1 of French. Weird. At least you ended up in Law where Latin MAY be somewhat useful. I abandoned Medicine for firearms? Seems smart, huh?
i love this dip! I also love our famous Bean Dip, right jana??
i love love love the bean dip
and i love punkin - the daily dog
I'm with you on the black olives - sick!
black olives RULE
Post a Comment