I have seasonal affective disorder. I just know it! I nearly cried when hearing the prediction for potentially more snow this Saturday. I haven't been able to run outside in well over a week. Heck, I couldn't even drive to the gym the past three days and have had to improvise with Jillian Michaels' DVDs (h-e-double hockey sticks).
Since I can't exactly jet off on a beach vacation, pictures are the next best thing, right?
My cure for S.A.D. would involve:
1. A run through Wildwood Metropark. Toledo has the absolute best park system, complete with very run-able trails. Cincinnati has nothing in comparison. If I weren't getting married in the Outer Banks, I'd be getting married at Wildwood. It's beautiful and a fresh-air run without the need for hats/gloves and running tights would feel amazing.

2. A glass of vinho verde on my parents' deck (or any deck for that matter). Yes please. My favorite wine is my favorite because it screams summer. Light, crisp and uncomplicated. It pairs deliciously with one of my Dad's homegrown tomatoes. Too bad the best brand is nowhere to be found on store shelves until usually May.
3. Reading a good book on the beach while soaking up some sun at the Outer Banks. Oh, I know-the sun is harmful to my skin. Well, the snow is harmful to my soul! (At least I'm not dramatic...) I'll wear sunscreen, I promise.

4. Grilling out on Steve's balcony. Hmm, well Steve would be doing the grilling out while I relax and read a book and sip on some wine! That balcony is one of a kind, and even provides shelter from the hot sun or a summer rain shower. I bet you'll miss it, Steve!
5. A 7 night cruise in the Caribbean. Ok, now I'm getting greedy. But, it's been 7 years since I went on my first cruise. That trip was fantastic. There is something incredibly relaxing about traveling via boat. You unpack once, but you still get to visit several cities. The day at the Bahamas was unreal. It felt completely like paradise.
6. Island hopping in Greece. Fine, if I'm being greedy I might as well go all out. My trip to Greece in 2004 was limited to Athens and Rhodes. To complete a tour of Greece, I believe some island hopping to Mykonos, Santorini, and of course a return to Rhodes would be a must!

7. NO WORK.
6 comments:
Yes, Yes, Yes! The only thing I would add is NO work and walking up to the pool... makes summer absolutely tremendous...
I agree with this list and would like to add one more.. Dave Matthews Band concerts!! Nothing says summer like rockin out with DMB.
What brand of your favorite wine do you suggest? I'll have to try it!
Also, maybe one of these fantasies can become a reality a la honeymoon???
Devon, the brand is Gazela Vinho Verde. It is from Portugal. The highest price I've ever paid for it is $6.99-very affordable (not cheap! he he).
You will love it. :)
Devon, there is also a Rose form that is very good... normally Rose=yuck, but the Gazela one, not bad!
Thanks, ladies! Can't wait to try it out! Always in the market for a good yet inexpensive wine...then, I can enjoy freely and frequently. HA! :)
Post a Comment