Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yum.



May I recommend these cookies for your Christmas cookie baking? They are absolutely delicious and look beautiful on a cookie tray because they are all white-you don't use any brown sugar. So, they look very wintery. Oh, and they taste incredible. This is my Aunt Liz's recipe...she is very particular about her ingredients, but it makes a difference.

White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. shortening (I use butter flavor Crisco)
1 t. vanilla (I use only the best Mexican vanilla such as Azteca)
1 egg
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
1 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
 
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat sugar, sour cream, butter, shortening, vanilla, and egg in large bowl.  Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
 
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.  Cool 1 to 2 minutes;  remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

MORE IMPORTANTLY...Congratulations Jana and Justin! Thank you for letting us all celebrate with you on Friday night.
 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Liz,
Congrats on your big news! Hope you have a restful holiday with your family. We'll miss you at the Fuller chaotic celebration.

Jamie