In honor of Patrick Swayze, here is my favorite clip from the movie (it was so hard to pick-I also love when he teaches her to dance by walking on that huge tree!)... where they so smoothly mesh 1980s music with the 1960s setting. Fantastic.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Nobody puts Baby in the corner.
Patrick Swayze died today. He was one of my first movie star crushes, in both Ghost and of course, Dirty Dancing. I am pretty sure I can recite every line in that movie (for better or for worse!) and when my niece and nephew spend the night they always want to watch it before they go to bed. Yes, I know, I am a fabulous aunt, always making sure the content is appropriate for their ages. Until very recently we'd watch it on VHS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ahh Dirty Dancing! Great movie. "Fight harder? Huh. I don't see you fightin' so hard. I don't see you runnin' up to Daddy tellin' him I'm your guy."
I hate the tragedy of his death. SO sad to die early and from a very ugly disease. There has to be a cure somewhere...
love that clip! :) rest in peace, patrick swayze. :(
I found your blog while searching folks who like Diet Dr Pepper. I know odd way to find someone to talk too but I know its so sad that he has left us. And, sad two he did not get much televised. But you know he's dancing in heaven. Have a wonderful rest of the week. I will be following your blog. You can follow mine if you wish. Blessings Lindsey!
Post a Comment