Monday, September 14, 2009

Yay technology.

Edited to add: And I just found out Patrick Swayze died today via facebook. 

Steve and I were eating a delicious dinner out on the water at the Outer Banks when I learned that Michael Jackson had died. How did I learn this? Oh, Facebook status updates sent directly to my telephone, of course.

The same thing happened last night with all the Kanye/Taylor Swift drama. 90% of people's status updates mentioned something about Kanye being a giant tool, so instead of looking it up say on CNN, I proceeded to read enough comments until I had figured out exactly what happened. And then this morning, again avoiding "real" news reporting, I did a little searching on YouTube until I could see for myself what happened.

Yay, technology. I may have to sift through updates about what someone's child ate for dinner or how someone gets no sleep or how another person has the sweetest hubby (barf- I hate that word)...eventually I'll also find out some current events. Fantastic.

Totally unrelated-but, is anyone else excited to read Ted Kennedy's memoir which comes out today? I'm ordering it now!

No comments: