Thursday, September 17, 2009

7 going on 17


On Thursday my nephew, Logan, will be 7 years old. He plays in a wee football league (seriously, they are called the Wee Elks) and Saturday I went to watch a game for the first time. He plays in the age group for 1st and 2nd graders, and this is his second year.And they do not mess around. Wow! They have to know plays and they tackle and it's fun to watch. They even have cheerleaders and announcers! It was fantastic and his team trounced the Eager Beavers (I kid you not, I did not make up that mascot name).

My brother is a coach and I couldn't believe how the parents swarmed him after the game. I can only imagine the kind of crap a high school coach has to deal with and these kids are 6 and 7.  

Doesn't it look fun? Logan is number 33.

2 comments:

Kristen Robbins Warren said...

my brother played in the wee elks starting in 2nd grade, too. i spent most of my saturdays watching his games. my dad was on the board. sigh. nostalgia.

katy said...

do not make too much fun of the eager beavers! :) I'm pretty sure that's my school mascot where I teach!