Thursday, September 10, 2009

And so it begins

Well, I began my day witnessing the man in front of me in the parking garage stairwell "lose his lunch" or maybe breakfast, as it were. Sick. Sick. Sick. I'm pretty sure he was as mortified as I was disgusted.


BUT-the day can only get better from here...the Steelers are on tonight! Yes. And it also begins my first attempt playing fantasy football with a league at work-should be interesting. Luckily, Steve gave me some good tips on the draft and I should have an o-k team. We'll see.


In light of all the football festivities, I thought I'd share a delicious "game day" recipe. Who doesn't love a pulled pork sandwich?


Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Ingredients

3.5-4 pound pork shoulder roast, boneless is preferred (though I can never find boneless at my ghetto Kroger and just use bone-in. The bones are super easy to remove after cooking)
Vegetable oil
1 can Condensed French Onion Soup
1 Cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
Sandwich rolls

Directions
Heat oil in skillet (about 1 tablespoon) over medium-high heat. Once hot, add pork and sear each side (this means all four sides) until well browned on each side.

Stir soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in crock pot. Add pork and turn once or twice to full coat the meat. Cover and cook on Low Heat for 8-10 hours or on high heat for 4-5 (I really think it's better to cook longer, meat is easier to shred.)

Remove pork from crock pot and let stand on cutting board for about 10 minutes (otherwise you will have a juicy mess everywhere). Using two forks, shred the pork meat and return it to the crock pot. Spoon the mixture onto rolls and, if desired, top with a little bbq sauce.

Yummy.

2 comments:

katy said...

I love when you put recipes up! This one is a keeper. You made these for me last winter?? :) Go Steelers!

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

:-D