Tonight Steve and I watched Becoming Jane, a movie about Jane Austen and how a certain love interest in her life influenced her writing Pride and Prejudice. Yes, I owe Steve big for letting me pick the movie and letting me pick that movie. I am a very lucky woman.
Anyway...of course I came home and rummaged through my old, tattered copy of Pride and Prejudice. This book is definitely in my top 5 of all time, and may be my favorite.
Either way, here are 2 passages I came across tonight. I love this story. Enjoy and have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It was too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.
-Mr. Darcy, Chapter 60
You were disgusted with the women who were always speaking and looking, and thinking for your approbation alone. I roused, and interested you, because I was so unlike them.
-Elizabeth, Chapter 60
1 comment:
My 2nd favorite book, behind Jane Eyre, of course.
:o)
Here's to reading old favorites again and again.
Post a Comment