If you know me at all, you know how bad I am with directions...and you will enjoy this story :-)
So today I drove downtown for my interview. I followed my friend's directions (or so I thought) and tried to park in the parking garage by the stadium. Apparently, though, you have to have either a $1 or $5 dollar bill for the automated attendant. After trying to shove a $20 in there and having it spit the bill back at me, I reversed out of the garage and started driving aimlessly to find a parking garage near the building.
I had NO IDEA where I was going...although I was wise enough to realize crossing the river would not be a wise idea. So, I hedged a bet that Bragg would answer his phone and could maybe at least guide me to East 4th street.
Not only did he answer his phone, he told me to stay put (which I did) and he drove to where I was. The he had me follow him to a close parking garage that had an actual parking attendant, and proceeded to wait to drive me to the front of my building to make sure I got there on time and didn't get rained on.
Odds are good I would still be driving around Cincinnati right now if Bragg hadn't happened to be downtown at the time AND had screened my call.
So, THANKS BRAGG...I def owe ya! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How great is Steve Bragg?
So how'd the interview go?
That is terrible... it is a good thing your friend showed up...I know you probably would have had a nervous break down. I can feel your pain though- it's like the time I BLEW OUT a tire on the way to my interview and almost lost control of my car in the pouring down rain. I would say it is a "sign" but I find that crap incredibly annoying. It's a sign that you are cursed with bad luck (in a funny-after-the-fact-only-would-happen-to-liz-brashear kind of way).
seriously...i swear this kind of stuff only happens to me! i should write a book.
Post a Comment