Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Goblin Gallop

Road races are awesome. Not only do you get to race with a TON of people, you always get gobs of free stuff--clothes, food, etc. I'll never forget one race when I was in high school where I finished and went over to the medic tent for a free massage. My parents thought I had injured myself somehow and rushed over only to find me face down getting a sweet massage! I ran in another that had an omlette bar and this awesome pizza. At the NYC marathon there was even some beer on site, but considering the way the Gatorade was making me feel, I didn't touch the free beer.
My sister and her friend Brian (who ended up 6th overall in 16:05 for a 5K) competed in the Goblin Gallop last night in downtown Dayton. I am so jealous I couldn't run (and actually I could have run, but chose not to because I couldn't race, and I am kicking myself for being so lame!). The race was really cool because it was dark outside and lit up. They had a DJ and everything. So here are some pics ...they aren't great because it was so dark, and I don't have any "action" shots because my niece and nephew were with me and my nephew doesn't enjoy walking (i.e. i couldn't carry him and take pics)...but you get the idea...lots of people ran in costumes too...all in all a VERY entertaining tuesday night in dayton:)





2 comments:

jmjana said...

im sorry i didn't come cheer on katy and bri with you!!!! i thought it was next week :(
also, what the crap is second to last pic? the one about grace and logan?

Liz said...

jana, it's a picture of the "atmosphere"...and it turned out horribly--they all did because it was so dark outside.
and i feel guilty I didn't make real food for tonight...oh well:)