Sunday, October 29, 2006

Deep Thoughts by Liz Brashear

Ok so I had a deep post planned, but I'm still processing and I'm too tired at this point. So, here is a list of questions/deep thoughts I've had since I moved...enjoy :)
1. Why "who dey"? What does it mean? I mean i know the chant, but why is that cool?
2. Why do Bengals fans say "who dey" when the steelers (in a game not against cincy) miss passes or the other team scores against the Steelers?
3. Why am I a professional (an esquire even;) ) and I can't figure out how to set up my voice mail at work?
4. Why is my dog obsessed with dirty laundry? It's sick.
5. I don't get skyline. It's chili on spaghetti? I mean it tastes fine, but people around here are obsessed. I feel like chili goes in a bowl or on a hot dog...but apparently that's just me.
6. I get graeters. It's good. They are putting one in by my work and that is awesome.
7. Why is it so hilly down here? Katy mentioned something about glaciers. All I know is running 5 miles in Toledo went a LOT faster than running 5 miles here.
8. I love that when I lived in Toledo there was nothing worth driving 20 minutes for. Here I drive 35-40, 3-4 times per week and usually end up having a great time...i love that.
9. While Starbuck's has it's moments...Tim Horton's coffee has more caffeine than anything else. It is amazing and I really never liked plain coffee much. On another note, why do I think it's ok to spend 1.50 on a coffee every day instead of buying a coffee maker or drinking the coffee at work for free?
10.Today was wonderful. The sunshine was gorgeous. Spending the day with Annie was great. D'vine and post-d'vine was super. Delilah on the way home was awesome. I really loved today... (minus the Steelers losing to the worst team in the nfl)

6 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

The Steelers didn't lose to the worst team in the NFL, they ARE the worst team in the NFL!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

WHO DEY!!! ;)

Annie Michael Murphy said...

My deep thoughtful comment... my life wouldn't be as good as it is had you not moved to 813.
That and I use elipses too much...is there anything I could instead?

jmjana said...

Amen to number one and two
Amen to number 5...it is SICK. But Chipotle makes up for it
I LOVE that you'll drive 20 minutes to hang out
and Annie stole my deep thoughtful comment...I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you!!!

Liz said...

A team that has 5 superbowl rings can never be the worst team in the NFL. In fact, I would venture to say that the Steelers are one of the best NFL teams of ALL TIME. The Bengals wouldn't be anywhere near that list.
Annie...elispes are great...I abuse them as well...and it's ok...
Jana--i ate chipot twice yesterday, does that make you jealous? :)

Anonymous said...

From some one who just escaped from Cincinnati:

1. The “who dey” chant is not cool…it just isn’t; they are all dorks.
2. Because they wish they had a rivalry with Pittsburg like Cleveland does.
4. Dirty laundry aint nothin’…ask your sister and Jana.
5. Skyline is NOT chili.
6. I miss Graters.
7. How can a Pittsburg fan think Cincinnati is hilly?

Things you should do while you are in Cincy:
-Eat noodles at Lu-Lu’s
-Try the “Choo-chee” at Teak
-Eat BBQ at Montgomery Inn
-Eat anything at Vinchenzo’s
-Have the lunch buffet at the Taj Mahall
-Have breakfast at the Echo in Hyde Park
-Hang out with friends late night at the Blind Lemon
-Go to the carriage parade in Lebanon at Christmas
-Get into and go see Over the Rhine…the band NOT the neighborhood
-I HIGHLY recommend fly-fishing four mile creek in June (but that’s probably not your cup of tea)

Looks like my life in Cincy kinda revolved around food.

Liz said...

Dan-i love your suggestions! Now I have a list of things to check off...:) But yea, since i've never even been fishing, I doubt I'd have much luck fly fishing! Sounds fun though!