Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Not too long now.

I don't think I'm your "stereotypical" bride. I'm not concerning myself with the color of chair covers. I don't lie awake at night fantasizing about what we'll name our children. That's not really me. At all. Instead, I think how odd it'll be for a man to have access to my underwear drawer. Or to know exactly how many pair of shoes I have (yikes). I wonder how I'll ever get used to sleeping with a boy every night (get your head out of the gutter, I mean sleeping). I'm not exactly the "sharing the bed" type-just ask my sister. There were many vacations growing up where I opted to sleep on the floor-or once an oversized ottoman-rather than share a bed with my sis.

But, there are a few things about which I get what I'll call "bridal-giddy". One being the dress. Which I am picking up this evening. Yes. I cannot wait! I'm not exactly sure how many days it is til our wedding, but I've been counting down the days til Dress Day. I just made that day up, but I feel brides everywhere can empathize.

I just hope the sleeves aren't too poofy. ;)

3 comments:

katy said...

can't wait!

Steve Fuller said...

Wear it to date night!

katy said...

I hope you DID NOT!