I haven't written anything on this blog in well over a week. It's a testament to how fast everything seems to be moving right now. I can't believe it will be May next weekend. What?? I feel like I was just digging my car out of snow. Oh wait. I have a garage. Nevermind.
Moving on. There are so many exciting things coming up in the months ahead. I suppose that's why the time moves so quickly-but I can't wait. But, with all the upcoming events and happenings, I tend to get a little anxious. Scratch that-a lot anxious. Will everything come together? What am I going to wear to ____? What if ___ happens? What's the backup plan? And of course, while all of that anxiety is going on, work inevitably becomes explosive and stressful.
I need to be better at dealing with stress. Running definitely helps, but I wish so much I could just let some things "slide." Some people are so good at taking a "what will be will be" approach. Instead, I take more of a "things will turn out a certain way depending on how much I control them and make them fit in this fantastic schedule I've come up with..." Bleh. When I get stressed like that I end up snapping at people and basically approach every little problem like it's an end of the world type catastrophe.
What's helped, though, is that I have such generous friends (and family-hi katy!). This week a few friends came over and helped me out with what might seem like an easy, mundane task-tying up silverware for the wedding and finishing up some DIY decorations. Simple-yes, but a huge help. They got it done in 2 hours. I would have dragged the project out for weeks.
Weddings can definitely be stressful, with the planning and trying to please people, but Steve and I are really lucky to have such fantastic friends and family to help us out with all different aspects of the wedding. And I think that will make it that much more fun. :-)
Being at the beach won't hurt either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment