Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I guess I will be wearing a pants suit to court Friday.

I was nearly done with my 5 mile run this morning. Six houses away from my own where I could finally stop and stretch when BAM, I was on the ground. Ankle twisted. Knee and hip throbbing. Shorts torn at the hip (fabulous!). And of course, a gentleman was getting into his car for work and witnessed the entire thing.

Usually, I trip because I am clumsy. This morning, though, I tripped because of a huge pot hole. They cover my street. And the man who witnessed my fall said he has tripped over the exact same pot hole several times.

I realize the city of Cincinnati has some budgetary problems. But, fixing streets inundated with pot holes should be a priority. It's dangerous. I'm willing to bet the flat tire I had earlier this year is a result of the condition of my street.

You better believe I'm sending a letter. It's already drafted. :) (I did not take pictures of my hip bruise/cut as it would be highly inappropriate for the public. But, I assure you, it is worse than my knee.

At least the Steelers won last night.

1 comment:

katy said...

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch! I hate falling. That looks especially painful! Ice. and get steve to do something nice for your poor, injured self!