But, I made a delicious dessert last night that isn't so hard on the waistline like a delicious double scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip. And I bet you have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
I was watching an episode of Raechel Ray and was inspired by what she made, though I changed it a bit as she made it with different ingredients.
Ingredients
Bananas (however many you want! I made one per person)
Peanut butter
Honey
Cinnamon/Sugar (I used crystalized cinnamon/sugar mix I had on hand)
Optional toppings: crushed granola, drizzled melted chocolate, sprinkles, chopped peanuts
Directions
Cover serving plate with wax paper. Cut bananas into bite sized pieces. I cut one medium banana into 4 pieces. Stick tooth picks into center of banana. In a small bowl, place one cup of peanut butter and heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until it's warm and easy to stir. Add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix together until completely blended together. Dip banana bites into peanut butter and cover with a coating of the peanut butter/honey mixture. Place on wax paper and top with cinnamon/sugar (or whatever you choose to top with-I think it'd be delicious with some streaks of melted chocolate). Place in fridge for one hour to set. ENJOY!
Yummy...a healthier alternative to dessert if you're like me and feel like dinner isn't complete without something sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds tasty
I like the new blog-look.
Yum! I love peanut butter and honey together!
Post a Comment