Monday, August 31, 2009

Cheerful flowers.


I adore sunflowers. I've loved them since I was a little girl. My favorite shirt forever was this shirt with a huge, glittery sunflower on it. Behind gerber daisies, they are my favorite. There's just something cheerful about them. Roses are lovely-of course-but there's nothing like a bright, colorful sunflower or gerber daisy. There is just no comparison.

Anyway, I have these two empty plant stands on my deck and I planned to put two small potted mums there for the fall. BUT, yesterday, at Kroger they had these beautiful (too big for the plant stands!) potted sunflowers for $8.99. I resisted, but now I think I should've bought them.

What do you think? Is it ghetto to buy flowers at Kroger? And is it silly to spend $8.99 (which I know isn't much) for a pot of sunflowers that likely will die once the first frost hits?

Maybe I should just carry the sunflowers into work. Instant cheerful office...hmm.

6 comments:

katy said...

i would get one for work and one for home

Lori said...

LOL - I saw those yesterday and almost bought them too! I say go for it!

Sarah said...

i agree with katy! :)

Anonymous said...

Bemerkenswert, die sehr lustigen Informationen levitra ohne rezept viagra ohne rezept [url=http//t7-isis.org]levitra bayer 20[/url]

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Felicito, la idea magnГ­fica y es oportuno [url=http://csalamanca.com/category/viagra/ ]comprar viagra es [/url] se puede completar el blanco? http://csalamanca.com/tag/sin-receta/ viagra genericos