Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Day of Love

So is everybody wearing pink and red today to work? I miss living at home. During law school, on Valentine's Day, my Dad would always leave roses and these gourmet treats from this local bakery on the kitchen table for me before I would leave for school or work. He is the best.

This year, my sister made me this little heart cake...it's pretty adorable:)

Well, here's my contribution to this holiday :) : a list of my top 5 love songs, and, if you're in a not-so-lovey kind of mood today, my top 5 break up songs. Download them. They are great! (My list is subject to change...I had a super hard time limiting it to 5)

Top 5 Love Songs
1. To Make You Feel You My Love (Bob Dylan)
2. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? (Van Morrison)
3. Shelter (Ray LaMontagne)
4. You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman (Carole King, acoustic version)
5. When You Say Nothing at All (Alison Krauss)

Top 5 Break Up Songs
1. Nothing Compares to You (Sinead O'Connor)
2. You Give Love a Bad Name (Bon Jovi)
3. You Can Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac)
4. You Oughta Know (Alanis Morissette)
5. I Will Survive (Gloria Gainer)

Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

jmjana said...

LOVE Ray.
and hello....End of the Road - Boyz to Men - how could you forget that!

Amulya said...

or when it's just a bad break up...Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill (the entire album)

p.s. I miss the shoebox full of drug store valentine's cards circa early 90's grade school ;)

jmjana said...

am i'll give you some of mine...dont you worry!

sheplaysamartin said...

you forgot all about 'she hates me' by... um, some otherwise completely forgettable band. the song's not forgettable though. you know, 'she hates me... she f-ing hates me... la, la, la, la...'

you're welcome. :)