Monday, February 26, 2007

As You Wish

I am very proud of myself. I have successfully convinced my niece and nephew to love The Princess Bride. In fact, when they spent the night this weekend, they watched it twice! (They even had to wait for it to rewind because I only have it on VHS....and they marveled at how long it took--made me feel old.) The best part was that after the movie they decided to play Princess Bride. So my nephew played Westley and my niece was Princess Buttercup. At one point, I heard my nephew pretend to roll down a hill, calling out "aaaaas youuuu wiiiiiish." It was AWESOME :) It's just a sweet, funny, wonderful movie...and I love it.

(This is not my favorite scene...but YouTube didn't have very much :) )

2 comments:

sheplaysamartin said...

i so very much love this movie! and i actually like this scene. it sets up the rolling down the hill scene because it lets you in on their code. ('as you wish' = 'i love you.' that should be every guy's code, but i digress. ;)

you rock as an aunt!

Anonymous said...

Liz- I have never seen this movie...we are totally watching it when you visit. And, as sick as it may sound I think I may actually prefer to here "as you wish" over "i love you" every now and again.

As you wish!