The top shelf contains the following:
- small lamp
- glasses-completely blind when I take off my contacts
- hand cream-I am convinced I have the driest hands in Ohio this winter.
- two pictures-one of Steve and me and another of my immediate family circa 1988 in bathing suit attire (hot!)
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
- The Sickness by Steve Fuller
Wait a second...yep! My fiance has written a real book..one that you can hold in your hand, and dog-ear the pages. And, it's a great story! I keep glancing at it and think "hey I know that guy pictured on the back cover!" You can purchase it here. You should buy it. Then, you should review it. And if you don't give it 5 stars, I'll sue you. Kidding! (kind of)
I've mentioned to Steve several times since he began undertaking this whole "writing a book" thing how impressed I am by not only his writing (I was surprised by his first draft at how good the writing was..he he!), but also at courage it took for him to pursue his ambition to write. Most of us are employed in careers we may like, but don't necessarily make us come alive with excitement. I think pursuing writing this book has done that for Steve. More importantly, it takes a lot of guts to write about a topic that is essentially taboo in our culture, and even more so amongst Christians. And now, he's got something he can physically hold to show for all his work.
And in 108 days, this man will be my husband. Lucky me!!!
2 comments:
108???
Lost!
<3 love the last line of that blog!! :) oh yeah, and the fact that my uncle is a full blown author with published work and all! :)
Post a Comment