"I need cash work! I have a two year old daughter and we have been abandoned by my husband over a week ago. I have no way to pay my bills for April. I have many skills and I am available all shifts. I could do domestic chores, babysit, run errands, clerical work, and many other things. Please call...I also need windows, headlights and taillights...My husband busted out all the windows before he left"
Now, I understand you may be skeptical. I am always skeptical of people asking for money. But, either way, it's clear this woman is hurting and desperate.
I saw several other ads while looking on the website. The thing is, we are all surrounded by people who have needs--not just financial needs, but deeper needs. Odds are every day you encounter someone who is desperately longing to be loved and cared about.
Reading this ad was just a reminder to me that I am called to be aware that humanity is longing to be loved. And as a follower of Christ, I am called to do just that--to not just look the other way or wait for someone else to help people; but, instead to share our stories so that others may learn hope.
So, today I am going to keep my eyes open to people who are broken, hurting and in a low place in their life who need a friend--not just my money or stuff. I'm guessing I won't have to look too far.
In other news...let's say you're playing a game of jeopardy. The category requires the word "red" to be in the Answer. The clue is "debit's opposite." Would you accept "creditor" as an answer or is "credit" the only correct answer?
Can you tell I lost to Steve in Jeopardy again last night? :-/
8 comments:
Hi Liz - I am Steve's sister. In case he hasn't told you he has many many years of experience with Jeopardy. He used to watch with our Grandma from the time he was 3. And....he hates to lose
I'm not even sure if I hate to lose anymore...it's been so long since I've actually lost. ;-)
I like Jeopardy too, and really kick arse when it's Teen Week! Don't mess with a Fuller (or Fuller offspring) when it comes to Jeopardy or Yahtzee.
I will stick up for Liz... we have been competing in our family since we were out of the cribs. If anyone will beat Fuller, it will be my twin!! :)
GO LIZ
Uhm, Liz wins, hands down. She's a girl. That trumps all. ALL.
Don't worry, Steve. You'll remember what it feels like to lose soon enough. Good thing I'm such a gracious loser... ;-)
Liz hits and kicks me when I win at Jeopardy. I have witnesses.
Help me.
Steve is right. She kicks and hits. I've even seen her gear up to bite. It's not pretty when they are playing jeopardy....
Though to be completely honest, neither of them play by the rules. I've seen Liz use two answers in final jeopardy to secure a win and neither of them answer in the form of a question. In real life they'd both lose to me.
Post a Comment