Today my sister competed in her first sprint triathlon. And she did great...especially considering she cut her foot on a piece of glass coming out of the swim, and basically biked and ran with a bloody foot. Quite impressive.
I love racing. There is something so exciting about a big race, with lots of fans, and tough athletes and finish lines. And the fans are so supportive. Lining the entire course were family members, friends, and just people in the neighborhood there to cheer on and encourage the athletes. They cheered for the top, elite competitors...and also for the 71 year old woman finishing towards the back of the pack, but sporting quite the smile. (And, seriously, to do a triathlon when you are 71? amazing)
My favorite showing of support was a husband who had a bright red t-shirt made that said "My wife Ellie is 30 today and doing her first triathlon. I'm so proud." Um...adorable.
Fun times all around...good job Kate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats Katy!!! I envy people who do triathalons....Liz tried to teach me how to swim (properly) in college and let's just say it wasn't pretty.
Thanks Liz and Holly!!! I am now wearing a little shoe boot and it is not cute. Oh well, at least I finished! :):)
I have a white t-shirt that says, "my friend completed the triathalon and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" and there's a bloody footprint on the back...
not bad, huh?
Post a Comment